Terms and conditions
Your Guide to having a great experience as a Coliving resident.
Staying at a Coliving House is different from a hotel. You’ll stay longer, enjoy access to exclusive amenities such as a state-of-the-art coworking space, fitness center, garden, swimming pool, and common areas, take an active role in your stay, and be part of a vibrant community. Here are a few simple ground rules to help you have the best experience:
- Your room is your sanctuary of privacy and calm. Please don’t lend your key to anyone or leave it in common areas. Lost keys will be charged at €10 each.
- You are welcome to bring a guest to stay with you for one night per week. If you wish them to join the community for breakfast, it’ll be charged at €10 per day and lunch at the residents rate.
- Should you wish for them to stay longer, this’ll be put to voting by the residents and if they agree, you’ll be charged €50/day for XL rooms and €30/day in L and M rooms.
- You are fully responsible for your guest’s behavior and their consumption will be charged to your credit card on file with us.
- Coliving building’s Common areas are to be used by residents only – Coworking and Club members have access to the Coworking space and outdoor areas only, except during events that take place in the Coliving space and are open to the public. Non-residents aren’t allowed to enter the top floor of the Coliving house.
- You’ll have your own spaces and drawers in the communal refrigerator and kitchen cabinets marked with the name of your room.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- The common areas are professionally cleaned on a weekly basis. Residents are expected to tidy up after themselves throughout the day/week – putting their dishes in the dishwasher or washing up after themselves, starting/emptying the dishwasher, wiping up surfaces after meal prep – the kinds of things you’d do in your own home, as this is your home during the time you stay at AOMA.
- Weekly room cleaning and bedding change is included in your rate. If you’d like to clean your room in the interim, feel free to grab cleaning supplies from the pantry next to the kitchen – they are free to use. Alternatively, you can request a one-off cleaning of your room at the rate of €30.
- We have a community manager on site responsible for programming, answering any questions, facilitating connections between residents, or with the wider community, and helping navigate the local landscape.
- Weekly community dinners are for residents to come together and connect, share, and enjoy a more intimate family style meal.
- We’ll take turns cooking these community dinners with 2 rooms tag-teaming each time. Expenses for these dinners are shared among all residents and it is up to the week’s chefs to create the menu and collect payments.
- Those who cook don’t clean, so the rest of the residents are responsible for cleaning up after community dinners.
- Fridays are Open Days when the members of the Vizinhos Club will stay with us for the day, coming from Lisbon and surrounding areas. There will be a catered lunch and after work activities.
- Your Coliving rate includes the use of coworking spaces free of charge with the exception of Creator Studios for which you’ll have a special resident rate.
- We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused to personal belongings. We strongly advise all guests to obtain travel or nomad insurance whenever they travel. Feel free to contact us for a list of recommended companies.
- The terms and conditions also apply to car parking use and cars are left at the client’s own risk.
- Our premises are smoke free. Guests are not permitted to smoke inside the house, common areas, the coworking space or in the garden. Drugs are prohibited.
- AOMA Coliving and Coworking is not responsible for your travel and expenses to or from here.
- Our service starts on check-in day, when reservation is confirmed and the guest arrives and finishes on check-out date, when the guest leaves. All reservations can be extended upon availability and following the Portuguese law.
- Upon arrival guests will be required to confirm their identity showing us a passport or a valid government issued ID. These documents will be requested for any guest over 13 years old and we may refuse the entry to anyone who cannot provide this documentation.
Pricing and Reservation
- Upon making your booking the price of your stay will not normally be subject to change however we reserve the right to increase or decrease prices.
AOMA requires 50% of the total cost when booking as a deposit and the remaining 50% to be paid 30 days prior to booking. If the booking is made less than 30 days prior to your stay, full payment is required at the time of booking.
- AOMA has the right to cancel a person’s place if full deposit payment is not received punctually.
Cancellation and Alteration Policy
If you need to cancel your booking please contact us as soon as possible. Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Full refund up to 30 days prior to arrival date
- 50% refund up to 15 days prior to arrival.
- No shows or cancelations after the arrival date are not subject to a refund.
- Alterations are possible up to 30 days prior to scheduled arrival. While we’ll make every effort to accommodate your changes, our ability to do so will depend on room availability.
- If you shorten your stay within 30 days prior of your arrival date, a 50% of the daily rate at the number of canceled days + 3% transaction fee will be charged.
General Terms and Conditions – Website & IP
- AOMA Coliving and Coworking, hereby referred to as AOMA Coliving, AOMA Coliving & Coworking, or AOMA, provides this website, available to visitors located throughout the world. These Terms and Conditions also apply to any current or future translations of our Website. Our Website is controlled and operated from within Portugal and are subject to Portuguese and European law.
- The content and information displayed on the Website is AOMA Coliving & Coworking’s property and collectively referred to as “AOMA Information”. The downloading, reproduction, or retransmission of AOMA Information is strictly prohibited, except to the extent permitted by travel agents for business-only purposes in accordance with section 10 below.
- By using our Website, you are accepting all the terms and conditions set forth below in these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to each and all of these terms and conditions, please do not use our Website. We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change and or modify portions of these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice and, unless otherwise indicated, such changes will become effective immediately upon posting; therefore, please check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. We will display the effective date of these Terms and Conditions at the top of this page.
- Our Website may contain or reference trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes or other proprietary rights of AOMA, and/or other parties. No license to or right in any such trademarks, patents, copyrighted materials, trade secrets, technologies, products, processes and other proprietary rights of AOMA and/or other parties is granted to or conferred upon you. The www.AOMA.co site, brand name, logo, colors, website look and feel, and images and certain activities provided via our Website are covered by Portuguese and EU Trademark and Patent laws.
- You agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of our Website, and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor, scrape, or copy our Website or the AOMA Information contained therein, or any aspect of the Website or the AOMA Information, without the prior express consent from an authorized AOMA representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to our Website). Furthermore, you agree that you will not use our Website for any purpose that is illegal, unlawful, or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. You agree that you will not interrupt, disrupt, alter, destroy, impair, restrict tamper, or otherwise affect the proper operation of our Website in any way, including, without limitation, through the use of any malicious or unauthorized code, virus, worm, Trojan horse, malware, or program. You may not use our Website in any threatening, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, discriminatory, or otherwise offensive manner. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to revoke or deny your access to our Website, including, without limitation, if you violate any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- You agree that you will make only legitimate reservations in good faith for use by you and your invited guests only, and not for other purposes, including without limitation, reselling, impermissibly assigning or posting on third party websites or websites, or making speculative, false or fraudulent reservations, or any reservation in anticipation of demand.
- Our Website may provide you with the ability to use usernames, passwords, or other codes or devices to gain access to certain portions of our Website (“access codes”). You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your access codes and for all activities that occur under your account. We reserve the right to immediately terminate your account in our sole discretion and without prior notice to you wherever there is a reason including, for example, if you violate any part of these Terms and Conditions.
- With respect to all communications you make to us regarding AOMA Information including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (a) you shall have no right of confidentiality in your communications and we shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation; and (c) we shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, content or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information. The above is limited only by our commitment and obligations pertaining to your personal information (for more information, please see our Privacy Statement).
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Website, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including, without limitation any liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill; wasted management or office time; and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. You shall defend us against any demands, claims or actions brought against us or arising as a result of any breach or violation of these Terms and Conditions by you (“Claim”) and you shall indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, costs and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) resulting from any such Claim. We have the right, at our expense, to assume exclusive defense against any Claim and all negotiations for settlement and you agree to cooperate with us in the defense of any such Claim, at our request.
- AOMA Information may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors, including but not limited to inaccuracies relating to pricing or availability applicable to your transaction. AOMA does not assume responsibility or liability for any such inaccuracies, errors or omissions, and shall have no obligation to honor reservations or information affected by such inaccuracies. AOMA reserves the right to make changes, corrections, cancellations and/or improvements to AOMA Information, and to the products and programs described in such information, at any time without notice, including after confirmation of a transaction.
- Some sections of our Website may be restricted to travel agents or other authorized representatives. The AOMA Information contained in such restricted areas is confidential to AOMA, and is provided for business use only, which may include reviewing commission status and statements, and enrolling in our Rewards program as described below. We reserve the right to prohibit access to, or use of, these restricted areas where we determine that such use or access interferes with our Website’s operations or that such use or access results in commercial benefits or other entities to our detriment. If you are a travel agent or authorized representative of a travel agent using our Website the following apply: Passwords: We have provided you with a unique password so that access to information related to your agency and transactions can be restricted to only those individuals to whom you provided the password. It is your responsibility to protect the confidentiality of the password. Neither AOMA assumes any liability for any access to information or transactions that are executed with the password provided to you. We strongly recommend that you change the password on a periodic basis and whenever a travel agent leaves your travel agency or you suspect that knowledge of the password is no longer limited to those whom you have authorized. No Arrangements for Prohibited Persons: AOMA is a Portuguese company and may be prohibited from providing services to certain “prohibited persons” who are government officials or residents of certain embargoed countries, or terrorists or drug traffickers whose names are published on lists maintained by the Government of Portugal and/or Europe. You agree to use all reasonable efforts not to arrange for any of these prohibited persons to stay at, use or tour any of AOMA’s facilities.
- Any use of the maps functionality on this site shall be governed by the End User Terms and Conditions for Google’s Maps application. AOMA shall have no liability for your use of Google Maps or for any results, including driving directions, generated by Google Maps.
- If you choose to leave our Website via links to other third-party websites or websites, including those of advertisers, our Terms and Conditions and our Privacy Statement will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the Terms and Conditions or privacy policies of those third-party websites or websites, or the cookies they use. In addition, because we have no control over such third-party website and resources, you acknowledge and agree that AOMA is not responsible for the availability of such third-party website or resources, and that AOMA does not endorse or are responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such third-party websites, websites or resources.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and enforced under the laws of Portugal, applicable to contracts executed and performed within Portugal. You specifically agree and submit to the jurisdiction of Portugal and stipulate to the fairness and convenience of proceedings in such courts for all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of our Website. You will not object to jurisdiction or venue on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, inconvenient forum or otherwise. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY NOW HAVE OR HEREAFTER POSSESS TO A TRIAL BY JURY. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent that applicable law in your country of residence requires application of another law and/or jurisdiction and this cannot be excluded by contract.
- If you would like to view the privacy practices that govern how we process information about you on our Website please review our Privacy Statement.
- When staying at AOMA you agree that AOMA can take and publish any photos of you, your friends, guests, companions, and your belongings for marketing purposes.
We use lawful means to collect client information. You are entitled to know what data we collect, why and how it is processed. You are free to refuse this request, with the understanding that we may not be able to provide you our services, without this information.
Share of personal data
AOMA Coliving may share your information with business partners, on the purpose of providing you a service.
At any time, you can request your personal information to be deleted and we will erase it from our system, as well as when your personal information becomes no longer relevant to provide you, our service. Feel free to reach out to us regarding how we handle your personal information.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials. If these communications are no longer of your interest, you can “unsubscribe” from our content.
We reserve the right to use your personal information if considered mandatory to respond to legal process, investigation, rights protection, violation of our policies or required by any applicable law or regulation in Portugal.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, however, it’s important to note that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
AOMA Coliving uses third-party services as payment processing, email marketing, analytics tracking, advertising, however, we do not give them permission to disclose or use your data for any purpose besides performing the specific tasks on our behalf.
Unless mandatory to complete your booking with us, we do not supply your personal information with third parties.
We do not rent or sell data information to other companies or third parties.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.